Wednesday, April 2, 2008

March 30 BYB 5 mile trail race at Fountainhead

Race #2 is now in the books. I opted for the 5 mile course this go around and I'm glad I did. This course was really challenging. Along with all the ups and downs, the trails are very rocky with lots of roots exposed. Needless to say, I slightly sprained my ankle, but was able to soldier on. I don't know what's up with the weather, but it was fairly chilly. Fortunately, no rain this time.

I ended up 5th in the 30-39 Age Group and 11th overall for the 5 mile course. I cycled a Time Trial on Saturday, so my legs were already pretty tired, but I was pleased with the result. I even won a mug for 5th place. Not sure what I was thinking, but you may be able to pick me out in the starting herd. I think I went out a little too fast this time!

Next Trail race is April 13, so I'm looking forward to it. These are a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment