Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ouch!!! My Eye!!

Ok, I hate to admit this, but I did something really stupid Sunday night right before I went to bed. I decided to stretch a bit before going to bed. I grabbed my trusty stretch band and started to stretch my hamstrings.

Here's a sample photo of the stretch:


Unlike this photo, I like to do this on with my back flat on the floor and my legs extended up. Well, I got a little distracted and wasn't paying attention. The band slipped off my foot and shot back only to nail me perfectly in the right eye. I screamed like a little girl and held my eye. I seriously thought my eyeball was hanging out of its socket. It swelled up and my eye was all bloodshot. I awoke Monday morning and decided it may be a good idea to go the eye dr. Glad I did b/c I did a little more damage than I thought. I have what the dr called "Hyphema". Bascially, blood in the eye. Hopefully some rest and some prescription eye drops will do the trick and heal everything up. I've got to go back to the dr for one more test on Friday to make sure my retina is all in tack. My vision is ok, just blurry as well as it feels like I have sandpaper in my eye. Gee, what a stupid move!

No comments:

Post a Comment