Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tysons Crit Cat 5

The plan today was to get in a hard 30 minute above threshold workout. I wanted to see how the legs would respond after yesterday. So, that means attacking...attacking, until I can't anymore. The temperature was perfect. I love that course. NCVC puts on a solid race.

It was good to finally meet Grayson (Bikerack) at the end of the first loop. I just started doing work the second time up the finish climb. Not much really to report. I spent about 14 minutes total off the front in two different stretches (28min race). I tried to save a little bit for the end, but just didn't have any pop left in the legs for the sprint. I took 5th.

I was pleased with the effort. I'm looking forward to getting on the TT bike a few times this week.

Race:
Duration: 28:11
Work: 519 kJ
TSS: 61.7 (intensity factor 1.146)
Norm Power: 384
VI: 1.25
Distance: 11.158 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 928 307 watts
Cadence: 44 141 92 rpm
Speed: 6.5 37.4 23.8 mph
Pace 1:36 9:12 2:32 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 392 94 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 958 288 lb-in

Igda made me an awesome brunch when I got home. I think I need to pick up the mileage. She's getting to be a pretty darn good chef.





Almost forgot. I stayed and watched the 3 race and some of the 4. That guy who soloed for the win in the 3 race was a freakin beast. Impressive display.

1 comment:

  1. Great meeting you at Tysons. Strong as always. We need to amend your name to Pete "Off The Front" Warner. Ha, ha. Great performance...especially considering your extended breakaway at Walkersville the day before.

    ReplyDelete