Saturday, June 13, 2009

I know the reason why it's called "The Race of Truth"

photo courtesy of Amy Jones


Well, the Church Creek TT didn't go quite as I planned. I was happy to take first place in the Cat 4's (by 1 second..yikes..way too close), but I just didn't have the mental focus I needed during the second half to put together a strong time. Legs were fine. At the halfway point, I was on track for ~55 minute time. Second half, not so good. I stopped the clock at 57:23.

I won't be pleased until I go 54-55 min on that course. So, I guess that only means I'll be back in the fall. The good news is that I know now what I need to do to hit those times. And it isn't all about power. I'm not sure where I heard the term mental FTP, but that's really what the 40k is all about.

Thanks ABRT for putting this event on.

here's the bike all dolled up Friday night

2 comments:

  1. Congrats.

    This doesn't mean BR is just gonna hand the ToWC GC to you though... Ha, ha!

    See you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, TofW will be interesting. Glad you are going to be there. I always seem to do better when you're in the race, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete