Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving short recap

Igda, Leo and I had a really great Thanksgiving weekend at home.  We cooked a great meal.  Did a bunch of stuff around the house which we’ve been procrastinating. I got some riding in, but otherwise we just spent a whole lotta time together which was cool.

 

In one of the more playful (not really for me) times, Igda had a good chuckle at my expense.  I have never realized that I like to talk out loud to myself when I’m in the middle of figuring something out.  Well, that turned out to be some electrical work I had on tap for Saturday.  I was going to start replacing old painted over switches and wall circuits in some of the rooms.   I made my trip to Home Depot for all the supplies I *thought* I needed, put my apron on and headed upstairs to get to work.  Oh, yeah, I triple checked to make sure the right circuits were turned off first.  The short version of the story goes like this as Igda listened in from the other bedroom:

 

Me:  Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.

Me (a minute later): Hhhmmm, that’s weird.

Me (another minute later):  What the hell is this?

Me (another minute later):  Why are there more wires than plug-ins?

Me (another minute later):  How come I don’t have the right one?

Me (another minute later):  God dammit, what the F—k! (sorry Mom & Dad)

 

In the matter of 5 minutes, I went from a can do attitude to completely frustrated!  7 hours later and one more trip to Home Depot I was finally done.  Geez.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment