Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On the training front...

Super glad 2009 is behind me! It was a crazy year. Not really worth re-hashing in its entirety, but I'm motivated to improve myself in all facets of life. I ain't getting any younger that's for sure.

On the training front, things are going really well. I've been following coach's orders to a tee. Knocked out 3 very consistent months of foundation work which included getting back to the gym for strength work. It has been enjoyable and a refreshing change. From a muscular standpoint, the legs are almost as strong as ever. Endurance hasn't really been a limiter for me so I've been really focused on building muscle power. I feel I'm learning how to train like a cyclist and the improvements are showing.

I'm still incorporating a bunch of commuting into my routine. The cold weather hasn't fazed me, yet. I'm actually starting to enjoy it!

I ran some charts the other day and here's where things stand right now. Short term power has increased fairly dramatically. Building a strong base of endurance and tempo riding getting ready for the threshold work later in the month. Really confident I will be able to push past some plateaus I hit last year.

Power Distribution Nov 2009:


Power Distribution Dec 2009:



Mean Maximal Power Oct-Dec 2008 vs 2009:


Performance Manager Chart Oct-Dec 2009:

1 comment:

  1. You still diggin' the cold temps? Ha, ha.

    These charts are confusing to a power-newb like myself. Math is hard.

    ReplyDelete